HomeAbout the Library / February 2017 Board Meeting Minutes

February 2017 Board Meeting Minutes


Printer-friendly versionSend by emailPDF version

Prince Rupert Library Board Meeting Minutes

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Present:

Barry Cunningham (BC), Devlin Fernandes (DF), Chelsea Keays (CK), Tim MacDonald (TM), (Helen Moore (HM), Heather Rose (HR), Dale White (DW)Andrea Wilmot (AW), Joe Zelwietro (JZ, Chief Librarian)

Regrets: Glenn Groulx (GG), Dave Uppal (JU), Brent Patriquin (BP)

Meeting commenced at 7:05 pm.

  • Motion to accept Consent Agenda by TM, seconded by AW, Passed
  • Addition to Discussion Agenda requested by DF for an in-camera session, move to accept addition by TM, seconded by HR, Passed
  • Items in Discussion Agenda:
    • Discussion about Deputy Librarian job description. Motion for JZ to edit this job description, by TM, seconded by AW, Passed.
    • Discussion about possible Evaluation methods for Chief Librarian. JZ directed to develop a Chief Librarian Job Evaluation from materials presented to Board. Motion for JZ to present some Library goals to accomplish in 2017 by TM, seconded by DF, Passed.
    • JZ to find out if/when another TOP (Trustee Orientation Program) workshop is available in our area.
    • Discussion about Wage Equity Report from the Wage Equity committee. TM will send out another draft.
    • Discussion about options for re-establishing “...Turning the Pages” digital repository. JZ directed to get costs estimates for different options, specifically: Arca option, Islandora option and investigate if SD52 has any skilled individuals who could do this work. As well JZ and staff will continue to take whatever steps can be taken here in the meantime to get the repository back online.
    • Discussion about Chair and vice-chair elections. Issue tabled until next meeting.
    • Discussion about interpretation of Board/Chief Librarian in the collective agreement . Information compiled by Board chair on Collective Agreement and areas requiring clarification in future, i.e. Letter of Understanding No 1, should be kept for next round of negotiations.
    • Discussion about possible speakers coming to the Library and the need to get funds from local groups. JZ will write the two speakers and let them know our situation.
    • In-camera meeting

Meeting Adjourned at 10:00 pm. Next Meeting at 7pm (Mar 15, 2017).